Re: [OM] New to the list

Subject: Re: [OM] New to the list
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:04:07 -0500
That is an excellent question!  One I really don't have a good answer for.
Before I opened the store I had spent hours reading reviews and studying
camera systems in Pop Photo - I settled on the OM2 (this was the mid 70's).
I managed to get an Olympus dealership first and grabbed the first OM2 for
myself.  The camera was nice a compact - compared to the Nikons and similiar
cameras at that time.  I just felt comfortable with it!  I wish I could give
you an engineering, optics or scientific based answer - but the truth is - I
just liked these cameras!  When I was shooting motion pictures, it was also
easier to carry my little OM2 compared to a lot of other cameras of that era
(I had owned a Pentax for a long time).  The camera had one quirky habit
which I didn't like - the fact it would lock up if the batteries ran down -
requiring switching it to 'bulb' and reset - but the OM2n fixed that
particular flaw.  BTW - I'm still using that original OM2!!!

Jim Caldwell
Videomakers - we invite you to check out http://www.Specialty-Media.com
Join our Video discussion group!   also -  DC30 and Premiere Tips and Tricks
For your PC hardware and software needs -  check us at
http://www.handtech.com/specialtymedia