Re: [OM] [OT] The SRT101 drama and massive amounts of egg on my face

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] The SRT101 drama and massive amounts of egg on my face
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:54:51 -0800
Chuck,
I know the feeling only too well. Except for me, it's after I type 'form*t
c:' and am pulling my finger off of the enter key that I remember that 'one
more thing' to check....

The SRT101 is the only camera I ever purchased new for myself. Got an OM1
kit used from a serviceman in '76. Fell in love with the OM feel and have
been there since. Sold the Minolta and never looked back. I seem to recall
it had a big bright viewfinder and was comfortable to use, but the weight
and size couldn't hold a candle to the OM1.

Good memories of the SRT101. Hope you get it all back together.
Mickey

Back when you used to see "photography annuals" on the newstand, it was amazing to see how the Minolta SRT 101s and 102s dominated compared to the current Canon and Nikon dominance. Probably the product of a decent camera in the hands of a lot people.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA