Re: [OM] Meter advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Meter advice
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:25:50 EST
Hi JUANITA,
            My memmory is that most of the cameras draw less than 20mA peak
current. So 20mA might be a reasonable value.
The problem is that it depends on how long the shutter stays open what the
voltage drops to. For example under bright conditions where exposure times
are short the battery may work fine but when the exposure lengthens the
battery voltage will drop off. You will have to chose a cutoff voltage after
a short test time if you want a repeatable test.

 My memory is the led tester in the OM2 runs about 12mA but I would have
check the service manual.

At 1.5V you would need a 750Ohm resistor to test at 20mA.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes