Re: [OM] Rangefinder cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Rangefinder cameras
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:32:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Uff, Colin,  have a 35 RC. But it is broken. I`m thinking about to have it
> repaired, because
> I4was impressed  of the sharpness of the lens. Now you are writing that the
> 40mm  F/1.7 is by far much better. What the hell of lens it must be?

Opinion does seem to be divided on this one.  I have an RC and an RD,
and I prefer the RD.  I wonder if Simon Evans has revised his (contrary)
opinion in the light of his second RD ..... Simon?  (I think it was
Simon, but I've been known to lose track of these things).  I think I
prefer the slightly longer focal length of the RD lens, too.

Interestingly, there's a DC hidden away on Ebay (UK) in an innocuously
titled auction with a few other old relics.  Haven't decided yet if I
want to bid on it.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |