Re: [OM] Film to flange distance in various OM bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] Film to flange distance in various OM bodies
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:20:44 -0600
Hi, Tim!

HI100@xxxxxxx wrote:

> The service manual (OM-1) thus lists a large
> number of resistor values in the parts list for each resistor.

Most of which are never used....

You can take 100 OM-1/1n's of the same vintage, check the values of the
resistors, and you'll discover they're all the same from camera to
camera to camera!  You can switch meters, cells, or circuit boards from
virtually any two like-version OM-1/1n's and the meters will read the
same!  Or, to say it differently, give me an OM-1 with a good meter and
cell, but no circuit board, and I can give you an accurate meter using
book-value resistances.

Now _that's_ quality control!