[OM] camera cases etc

Subject: [OM] camera cases etc
From: B Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:39:00 +0000
<Walt Wayman asks, Does anybody really use a camera case? I've always believed that the two=
<surest signs of a genuine amateur photographer are: (1) a camera in a case,
<and (2) a filter on every lens.

I do not claim to be a professional, but I do quite often carry a camera when it is raining, and also when I am walking in the countryside where some protection from brambles and knocks against walls and fences seems a sensible precaution. As I do not always carry a camera bag with spare lenses, a camera case seems a sensible precaution when I have a small lens like the 50mm1.4 or 28mm/2.8 fitted. In fact I also use filters but accept that is more arguable. Walt, do you live in a dry climate or one where the weather is predictable?
Brian

UK
brian.gray@xxxxxxxxxxx