Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:18:50 +0100
: Just performed the same sequence and discovered 6 of my images. I from
: ADITL and the other five from the Unofficial Oly Web Gallery.

Same here - 8 pictures from the Unofficial Oly Web Gallery and one from
ADITL3.

The proper link to test it, btw, is http://multimedia.lycos.com/

If I just enter http://www.lycos.com I'm automatically redirected to
http://www.lycos.nl and on that site I can't find any matching images.

I don't see, however, any serious copyright infrigement. Neither the
thumbnails nor the full size pictures have been copied to and published from
one of the Lycos servers - all they're doing is publishing links to them.
The pitfall might be that they're only providing links to the images, not to
the surrounding html pages that may contain copyright notices...

hnz