Re: [OM] Vinly -> CD VS Digital <- Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Vinly -> CD VS Digital <- Film
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:57:58 -0500
DVD recorders are just around the corner and will most likely replace VHS.
Pioneers new home DVD recorder is already reviewed in some magazines.  It's
pricey ($3,000+) but so were the first CD players.

Local stores have converted much of their VHS pre-recorded inventory  to
"bargain bin" status.

VHS HiFi recorders are as low as $59.

DVD discs are almost as easy to mass produce  as CDS while VHS prerecorderd
tapes are STILL duped at real-time and  have never gotten  past 240 lines
resolution (DVDs are 470 lines resolution).

DVD player sales have exceeded all industry predictions.  There are already
10,000 titles available on DVD.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000