Re: [OM] Re: value of 50/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: value of 50/1.8
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:41:10 -0600
Please do not mistake value in cost to value in use.  I am a frequent user
of the humble 50/1.8.  A fine all-purpose lens.  Mine get more use then its
'big brothers' (1.4 and 1.2) because it is small and light and cheap.  My
daughters are now equipped with OM-G bodies with 50/1.8 lenses on it.  As
they are 7 and 8, the risk of catastrophe is high.  Luckily, they can be
indoctrinated into the OM family at a reasonable cost.  Each setup (body and
lens) cost me just $41.  They can completely destroy it and I won't be that
upset (well, except for not caring for something that should be valuable to
them).

My point was more in the 'resale value' of the various 50/1.8 formulations.
The stellar 'made in japan' lens does not bring more value than the f.zuiko
SC version.

Tom