Re: [OM] What is photography?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is photography?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:48:19 -0800
It seems like most of the people who've commented both here and on the
photo.net site believe that scanner imagery is photography, based on the
etimology of the word. It bugs me. I'll get over it, but it bugs me. I don't
think I can get the satisfaction I get walking through an historic town with
my camera can be matched by walking through the produce dept. at Safeway and
dumping my purchases on my scanner to see what happens.

mushrooms or no mushrooms...
Mickey