Re: [OM] response to tripod thread....

Subject: Re: [OM] response to tripod thread....
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:03:25 -0500
At 12:37 PM -0500 1/12/01, John Pendley wrote:

One can thread
the head on by hand and lock it into place with the setscrews instead of
torquing it on very tightly.  IMO it's more secure.
-- John

My set screw is forever getting loose, causing the head to be *insecure* (it
will rotate in the horozontal plain even when the handle to secure that
movement is locked down tight).  I carry a screwdriver in my camera bag just
to keep the screw tight.  I've talked to another user of the exact
tripod/head that I have, and he has the same problem (and carries a
screwdriver).  Any suggestions about keeping the screw tight but not so
fixed that it can't be removed when you want to take the head off?
JohnP

Loctite thread goop, available at automotive and hardware stores?
It's worked on a lot of things I have that are subject ot vibration.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx