Re: [OM] What's up with KEH???

Subject: Re: [OM] What's up with KEH???
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 23:48:38 +0000
At 02:41 1/12/01, you wrote:
So I called to buy a lens today...  "Hello, KEH..."  "Yes, I like to
buy a lens.."  "Well duh, how can I help you if you don't tell me
what lens you want?"

Nice attitude!!!  He was rude, and impatient, and I almost didn't buy
the lens from him!!!  Someone said on the list that KEH might be
going out of business??  If that's true, with service like that, I'm
not surprised...

I bought a Tokina 90mm f/2.5 macro...  I can't wait...

Albert

Albert, the *OTHER* KEH is the one that went out of business . . . let's not start any rumors about the KEH in Atlanta, Georgia . . . although that doesn't excuse the response you got from the person who took your call.

I've always had very helpful, imformative and courteous responses to my calls and emails. Their reputation has been quite excellent for some time. Your experience could very easily be an exception. Just bought a handful of odds and ends from them last week. In the past, if I had a question about specific condition, they would pull the item from the warehouse and call me back (usually the next day) with the item at their desk to discuss it and answer any detailed questions I might have.

-- John