Re: [OM] Death of Film - Not! - and a lunar eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Death of Film - Not! - and a lunar eclipse
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:44:25 +0800
The Fuji Digital Minilab Frontier is widely available in Hong Kong,
the photo labs are capable of reading  digital camera's memory card
and give you the prints in less than one hour. At this moment the
price could be a bit high but paper and consumable cost is similar to
traditional lab so eventually the price to the user will drop very
fast. Even the print's price is higher, but you can save processing
and film cost, also save the bad shots, overall you will spend less.

Have you seen someone posted a link to AGFA's new self service photo
machines, just plug you memory card to the machine, select your images
and then you will get the prints. You don't need to have a computer at
home to enjoy the convenience of digital photography.

Digital will NOT knocks film out very fast but sure phasing in and
replacing the traditional camera gradually. I don't want to predict
how long, but worry it will be very fast. Actually I also don't want
to see this change as I love my OM system and don't want to see the
price of its food (film) rise. Since I mainly shoot slides I hope the
situation will be better.

C.H.Ling