[OM] Please recommend parts cleaner/solvent

Subject: [OM] Please recommend parts cleaner/solvent
From: Dogbreath <hopi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:03:22 -0500
Hi.

Now that we're talking about lens helicoids and helical grease, please
recommend a good, basic degreaser. I looked in the Fargo catalog, and they
have either ultrasonic concentrated cleaner for ultrasonic machines, or
some high-tech freon replacement stuff that's very expensive. All's I want
is your average "parts cleaner" solution that's strong enough to degrease,
but not so strong as to threaten delicate enamel paint finishes. And I
guess I'd rather have something I could immerse the part in, rather than
just spray on. I have auto-related parts cleaners in spray cans such as
carb cleaner and Brake-Kleen, but I worry that they could be too strong.
Any/all suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks for reading!

DB