[OM] Tripods II

Subject: [OM] Tripods II
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:28:45 EST
Please don't kick me off the list for not proof reading my post about
tripods.  I do care about weight and really don't want one that weighs a ton.
 What I bought was a couple of different sizes of Velbon tripods that are not
that great (IMHO) for holding a camera firmly to the tripod, espesically when
you tilt it to a verticle position. So I know some of the information sent
doesn't apply to what I am trying to do, but I really would appreciate
additional information of lighter weight (not light weight) but sturdy
tripods.  I'm sure some others besides myself got valaable information out of
the answers to my original posts.  Two pieces of information which may be
helpful are that I'm not going to be back packing and I am 6'4" tall.  Bill
Barber