[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2093

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2093
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:49:02 -0600

>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:52:45 EST
>From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [OM] FILM -> DIGITAL
>
> ...  and what if the environmentalists suddenly attack film users because
>of >the chemicals used... you see where I'm going...? Many factors *could*
>combine >to hasten film's demise.
>
>George S.

FWIW: Don't the makers of digital products use chemicals and nasty metals
in manufacturing chips,etc?  I wonder how the volume and characteristics of
these ingredients compare to the supposed bad effects of film-based
photography.  I'm not sure digital advocates can claim a perfect high
ground.  Think of the energy used to make and power all these gadgets, and
the growing problem of recycling all the obsolescent or unwanted gear, and
power sources.  Maybe future cameras will have wind-up generator cranks to
power them up.  ;-)  And doesn't the heat and/or energy needs of all these
computers also add to global warming?  ;-)

Alan Magayne-Roshak