Re: [OM] FW: Olympus OM-2n w/ Quartz Recordata Back 3 Ex+

Subject: Re: [OM] FW: Olympus OM-2n w/ Quartz Recordata Back 3 Ex+
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:30:29 -0700
On 9 Jan 2001, at 12:33, Brian P. Huber wrote:

> FYI,
> Now ain't that a fine howdya do!
>
> Brian P. Huber

So far, I've stayed out of this one since I've never bought anything from
rextex before.  But, after seeing this, I just couldn't help but through in a
comment....

I'm not sure who he thinks "started it" but it seems to me he's blaming
everything on someone (or something) else.  So far, he's used bad
weather, jealous collectors, competition on e-Bay, and dishonest
buyers to cover his butt.  However, messages from numerous people in
this mailing list have shown that these are probably excuses.  For
instance, bad weather prevented him from responding to e-mail, but
didn't (apparently) prevent him from posting more auctions!

Like I said, I've never bought anything from the guy, and only sent one e-
mail to him to which he replied in a reasonable timeframe.  The item I
was inquiring about (a recordata back 3) looked like it had been runover
with a car, and his description described it as a "war horse" so I was
trying to ascertain if it truly worked.  In the end, I decided not to take the
chance and didn't bid.  IIRC, he didn't get any bids on the thing, or
maybe it was that his reserve wasn't met, so other potential bidders
were of similar mind.

Anyway, given the messages from list members, and the "defense"
supplied by rextex, I think I'll be *very* leary of bidding on his stuff from
here on out.  My perception is that the guy is doing alot of buying and
selling, and is trying to "flip" stuff for a profit.  There's *nothing* wrong
with that, so long as you're honest about it!  But, it appears that rextex
may be acting a little less-than-honest about it.  He probably got
"burned" in a couple of transactions, and is trying to "off load" the cr*p
on other buyers.  Not to THIS guy!!!

Buyer beware!

Regards,

Chris