[OM] Re: (OM) (OT) Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) (OT) Digital
From: "Rick Beckrich" <RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 18:12:05 -0500
As some of you may know, I've spent the last 35 years or so working for
newspapers and magazines.
First as a photog, then into consumer marketing.
My current company produces three business to business magazines with over
300,000 readers.
We are now direct computer to plate, and ALL our pictures are digital (Much to
the lament of our photographer who must have a zillion bucks worth of N*k*n
gear). Instant access to the pics, easy to manipulate in photo-shop, and we
never run anything larger than a 4X6. For commerce of this kind it makes sense,
speeds production, saves $$$.
Sorry, but that's how it is in VA... Rick