Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Fuji Superia X-TRA 166 Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Fuji Superia X-TRA 166 Film
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:11:03 -0700
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8 Jan 2001, at 17:25, Lex Jenkins wrote:

> Chris, sounds like they're saying that the fourth layer has now been added
> to Superia X-tra 800.  In the recent past Fuji had not made this claim for
> the 800, while it did so prominently for the 100-400 films.

Thanks for that additional info.  What I'm most interested in, though, is
the 1600 film.  I'm thinking it would be great for low-light situations
without a flash, and that I could also use it outdoors by plunking
(gently!) an ND filter on the end of the lens(es).  I've never done this
before, so I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has.  Actually,
come to think of it, anyone who's done this with ANY film (doesn't need
to be Fuji X-tra 1600) is welcome to comment.

Sorry if my question(s) seem elementary to most, but I've spent most of
my photo-time in "Auto" mode.  Given my age, I suppose it's time I
experiment some, eh?  :-)  Which reminds me, I *still* hafta try that pie
plate flash defuser (sp?) trick you told us 'bout ages ago!

Regards,

Chris