Re: [OM] Fill flash tricks (was: OM 35 SP or XA)

Subject: Re: [OM] Fill flash tricks (was: OM 35 SP or XA)
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 04:32:07 -0500
Dear Ray,

In other words, set the flash computer for your film ISO, note the
f/stop suggested, and set your camera to one stop narrower for 1/2
fill. e.g., flash says f/8. Set camera at f/11 for 2:1 ambient:fill,
f/16 for 4:1, etc. Set (or watch on auto) shutter speed to give
proper ambient exposure, but equal to or longer than 1/60th for
proper sync.

Most flashes give you several f/stop settings for a given ISO.

Tom

On 7 Jan 2001, at 18:33, sayeth Ray Moth <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>