[OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 Lens
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:28:03 -0700
I'm "testing" a Zuiko 200/4 lens that was in my favorite used-camera
store.  It's in good (not great...  just good) shape....  glass looks perfect,
no dust inside, some wear on the outside, focus is smooth but
aperature feels a bit "worn", S/N is 107467 and it exhibits a magenta
and yellow relfection so I *think* it's multicoated (???).  Comes with
original caps but no case.

Their "asking" price is CDN$175.00 (US$117.00) but I can get it for
CDN$125.00 (US$84.00) if I really want it.

My questions....

1.  Anyone shoot with this beastie wanna comment on the quality of its
output?  How's the contrast, bokah, etc.?

2.  Any comments on those prices?

3.  For telephoto shots, I currently use a 75-150/4.  If I need a longer
focal length, I add a Kiron 7-element 2X teleconverter.  Do I really *need*
the 200/4 lens, and if so why?  (Yeah, like *that* has anything to do
with it!)

Thanks, in advance, for any advice/comments offered.

Regards,

Chris

On 8 Jan 2001, at 0:33, RK wrote:

> "JUANITA M. ALMEDA" wrote:
>
> > In HOng Kong,just asking the price and not buying gets them mad
> > sometimes...
> >

> Strange! Here in India, apart from the big department stores (and even they
> put up stickers everywhere saying "fixed prices only"), it is almost
> obligatory on the part of the buyer to 'bargain'. I do it all the time.
>
> Some observations: Tourists mentally convert the Indian currency to dollars
> and exclaim delightedly about the low, low prices; you may take it for
> granted that you are being ripped off, the only thing that varies is the
> degree. Cart along a native if possible- this usually dampens the ripper's
> spirits.
>
> Lastly, most Indians in the cities speak excellent english- don't discuss
> possible purchases right in front of the seller on the assumption that he
> won't understand you! RK

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill