Re: [OM] Goodies to good homes

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodies to good homes
From: "JUANITA M. ALMEDA" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:53:16 +0800
I would not mind receiving Item # 1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, January 07, 2001 1:05 PM
Subject: [OM] Goodies to good homes

>Okay, I have a couple of items which are free to a good home.  I have some
stipulations (on the honour system, obviously):

>* First, you actually need them and that you're not simply going to turn
around and sell the blessed things on eBay (this implies "no dealers,"
folks); and

>* Second, that you pay the postage (and insurance, if you wish) to
wherever.  First e-mail (by time and date stamp) in my in-box takes each
item.

>Okay, here goes.
>
>Item #1: Genuine Olympus leatherette case designed for an OM-series camera,
with a "standard" lens and a Winder 1/Winder 2 mounted.  This is the
infamous item which a Paris, France gentleman sold on eBay within the last
year or so for around $200.00 U.S.  No, you couldn't get that much for it,
and no, it's really not worth that much.  Probably more like $35.00 - $45.00
U.S. or thereabouts, even considering that it might be relatively rare.  The
winning bidder on that particular auction was, IMNSHO, certifiably insane,
and deserved to be beaten to death for stupidity with a non-functioning
Bounce Grip 2.  By the way, if I'm insulting an active member of the List
who just happened to be the purchaser, send your rants/flames/hate mail/etc.
to "/dev/null/."  You Were Off Your Rocker.

>Item #2: Genuine Olympus "ever-ready" case (the kind made out of really,
really, REALLY dark brown leatherette -- looks black under most lighting, to
me at least).

>Both these items are in good-to-excellent condition, although since first
responders are getting 'em for free, that's not really all that important,
is it?  ;-)

>First come, first served.  All others will be contacted with a standardized
"Sorry, pal" type of boilerplate message.