Re: [OM] OM-2S new owner

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S new owner
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 09:03:59 +0000 (UTC)
I second the "congrats" and the comments made below. The 2s is a wonderful
camera ;)

A small hint to extend the battery lifetime (other than to unmount the
batteries) is to always leave the camera in "red 60" when in the
bag. Since the 2s comes without an "off" switch, any touch to the shutter
release will turn on the cameras electronics and drain battery unless the
shutter is in the red.

I have with the above trick been able to keep my om2s's (uhmm....) running
for an average of 14 months on a set of batteries - even when subject to
heavy usage.

--thomas