RE: [OM] B/W on the Cheep

Subject: RE: [OM] B/W on the Cheep
From: "M. Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:24:49 -0600
Winsor wrote:

A better alternative might be one of the chromogenic films like
Ilford XP2 that can be developed at your one hour photo processor. If
your scanner can do transparencies why not try Agfa's Scala beautiful
B&W reversal film. You can buy it from B&H with processing included.
If you want to bypass scanning completely, Seattle Filmworks(I
vaguely think they might have changed their name) will provide free
film(bulkloaded movie film) and process it as prints, slides, or
JPegs which you can have sent to you on floppies or download over the
internet.

Seattle Filmworks is now Photoworks.com.  They have changed
their film as well - they used to use movie film (bad for archival
photos as it faded like crazy if not stored in controlled temp
environs).  Their newer film is made by Agfa, if I'm not
mistaken, and it is C-41 processed.  They can process it as
prints, slides, and scanned on CDRom in the .sfw format, which
Photoshop can convert to jpeg.

As usual, no connection to the vendor...

Mike