Sv: [OM] OM4T in the Cold

Subject: Sv: [OM] OM4T in the Cold
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:30:03 +0100
> Any OM4T users on the list that use their cameras in cold weather?
> What is your experience?
>
> Winsor
> --

Some years ago, I took my OM 4 Ti on a skiing trip to Switzerland. After a
day out in my backpack in minus 10 centigrade, the camera did not work and
the F280 flash also acted funny. I don't quite remember the details, but I
don't think it was only a battery problem. After some hours indoors,
everything worked OK again.

The next winter, when I was in Norway, I took an OM 1 N and a hand meter
instead. I got great slides (at least they very exposed correctly).
In very cold weather, I would not quite trust an electronic camera, but
bring a manual one along as a back-up, if possible.

As I now got an OM 3, I think it'll go with me on this year's skiing trip
(along with a hand meter).

Lars