RE: [OM] RE:OM] Zuikohobbyism Versus "That Other Ism" [WAS] Did Tombreak

Subject: RE: [OM] RE:OM] Zuikohobbyism Versus "That Other Ism" [WAS] Did Tombreak e-Bay?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:27:44 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, James N. McBride wrote:

> You are all pathetic!  But Olympus is damned good stuff.....and I can
> relate.....and it's a good thing I have an understanding wife.....because I
> have bought a lot of that stuff too. My wife and kids have humored my
> addiction since the mid 70's and now my grandkids are learning to do the
> same. Perhaps group therapy will help.  /jnm

Nono, you misunderstand. My significant other puts up with - even endorses
- my zuikoholism to the full extend, and has even been asking why I
haven't bought that 3Ti yet. Not buying it is called "self control" ;)

On a related note: not focusing too much on gear - a zen-like approach to
the gear - makes focusing on taking interresting pictures so much
easier. The best pictures I have taken have been on occations where I
brought a minimum of gear such as the setup described below or similar.

Regards

--thomas