Re: [OM] OM4T in the Cold

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T in the Cold
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:11:49 +0000
At 01:47 1/6/01, Larry wrote:
New York winters are really not that cold compared to some other areas
of the country. Mostly 30's and 40's with a few colder snaps. I've not
had any problems shooting with either my OM-4T, or OM-2n.

Larry

This is above the temps at which my OM-4 has pooped out only to be revived by warming the cells. My problems have occurred at temps below +10F, and the colder it gets the sooner it poops. Once the cells have been warmed, it resurrects and functions, even if the OM-4 body is 0F and lower. However I'm uncertain whether severe cold shortens the ultimate lifespan of the cells or not.

-- John