RE: [OM] Did Tom break e-Bay?

Subject: RE: [OM] Did Tom break e-Bay?
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:08:57 +1000
>'Lympus Lust for a black OM-2n was building

Similar story here yesterday, fell off the wagon (again).  Walked past one
of the local photo stores during my lunch hour and sitting in the window was
a drop dead gorgeous OM4. Almost no brassing from the straps or on the back,
inside looked like it had never seen film, the 30 second test revealed an
old board though :-(.

It was tagged at $499 Aus or $274 US. And I already had a 4 and 4ti. So I
did not need this one,,, but I wanted it, and it beckoned me, I swear it did
not want to go back in that window between that grotty N*k*n F3 and P*nt*x
P30.  I felt like I did when I went to the local dog pound, all those eyes
looking at me, begging to be rescued.

"We have 200f all second hand stock until Saturday" says the salesman,
probably recognising the signs of a Zuikoholic, "that would make it $399
"Damn" say I.
"Can I bring it back if the battery consumption is high?"
"Yes" says the salesman
"Done" says I

A quick run back to the office and I compare the battery consumption against
the figures on the FAQ. It's sweet, seems just a little more than my 2sp
which I can live with.

That afternoon driving home with my wife I debate about how to introduce the
newest member of my OM family. A plausible reason why I would need 7 single
digit OMs. Inspiration fails me and I get home without mentioning it. Just
as well because sitting on the front step is a parcel with the 85/2 I'd
ordered a few days before. I quietly slip the 4 into my camera bag till the
heat from the 85 dies down.

Stephen