[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2078

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2078
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:22:29 -0600

.
>...but if you have not seen the results you can get with an Epic
>for grab shots you really are missing out on a current model Olympus
>jewel.
>
>Mike Veglia
>Motor Sport Visions Photography

I have a Stylus and an XA, but if I could keep only one, it would be the
XA.  I think the manual focusing is faster for grab shots, especially with
the faster shutter speed.  Mine is so dusty in the viewfinder that it can
only be used as a guess-focuser, yet produces great results.  I took
similar candid shots once at a museum with my Leica M3 and 50mm lens and
the XA's 35mm lens, both at f/2.8, and if it wasn't for the difference in
perspective from moving back with the fifty, I wouldn't be able to tell
which camera took what.  I hate the time delay with P&S autofocus; the XA
seems even quicker than Leicas. (And I don't like having to turn off the
flash every time the camera is opened)

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Univ. of Wis.-Milwaukee