[OM] T45 battery life

Subject: [OM] T45 battery life
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:32:35 -0800
Memory fails me regarding previous list discussions on T45 batteries and
I'm too lazy this morning to search the archives. I just bought a T45
with what seems to be 1000f original capacity on the battery pack. It
gave me 105 full power flashes first time I gave it an 8 hour charge.
Mine had a recharge history that the previous owner kept and it was
always allowed to run down before recharging and probably never
overcharged. What kind of capacity have others found in used units they
have bought? It is sure nice to know that with proper care these
batteries can still be usable 14 years after manufacturing.

BTW, what a nicely designed unit. Like so many OM System components I
wish I had had years ago. All those lost shooting opportunities. But a
T32 in a Bounce Grip 2, esp. with a Winder 2 and M Grip Cord, is no
slouch. It just lacks the power for real effective bounce flash or soft
boxing.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV