Re: R: [OM] shutter speed of om10

Subject: Re: R: [OM] shutter speed of om10
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 19:07:38 EST
clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< This delay may be just a
 fraction of a second, or the shutter may stay open for quite a long
 time, depending on the degree of the problem.  Wind and fire the camera
 again, and the delay will probably be much shorter, or there may be no
 delay at all -- just a single "click".

 If you've _got_ to use the camera, try leaving it un-wound until just
 before taking the photo -- that will reduce the over-exposure, but not
 eliminate it.  It will need to be overhauled to correct it.

I have one OM-10 that has this problem. I don't use the camera anymore, but
if I wanted to all I have to do is fire the shutter something like 5 times
BEFORE I load the film, then load the film and use the camera as normal for
that shooting day. I know it's always not convenient to operate in that
manner, (you can't leave unexposed film in the camera for any length of time)
but it's one way around the problem, at least with this one camera. Yours may
be different, but probably not much.

Regards,
George S.