Re: [OM] Re OM 35 SP or XA

Subject: Re: [OM] Re OM 35 SP or XA
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:48:19 -0500
Uh, not much information there. A good buy would depend on the price/condition,
of course. If you're asking which is the "better camera", well 'pends on what
you want to do. I've had both and still have the SP (I'd gladly part with it).
The XA is a better choice if you want a pocketable take anywhere camera. It
becomes less small with the flash attached.  I'd argue that the Stylus Epic
better fills that role today. The SP is a neat RF, but it's technology is very
long in the tooth. It's about the same size and weight as an OM-1 with a 40/2.
So, why not just use an OM? Here, unless the spot meter is really important to
you, I'd go with the RD or RC if you can live without the 42/1.7. More info on
these cameras can be found at:

http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm

>>> "JUANITA M. ALMEDA" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jan 3, 2001 >>>
What would be a better buy, an Olympus 35 SP, the one with a 42 mm F 1.7 lens
and manual or program mode or an Olympus XA?

Regards

Titoy