Re: [OM] Re (OM) Advice on vivitar lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Re (OM) Advice on vivitar lens
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:02:56 +0100
: I just did a lot of research on that subject, and was consistantly pointed
: towards the Vivitar 28-90mm f/2.8 series 1 instead. It's supposed to be
one of
: the sharpest zooms produced, and I now see what they meant. They're
available at
: about the same price, naybe a bit more (low $100 range).

Affirmative. I have the Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm/F2.8-3.5 and had the VS1
35-85mm/F2.8 also for a while. The latter is much bulkier; it almost looks
like a fisheye. The 28-90 is a fine lens. It was my standard zoom for a
while until I bought the Tamron 35-105mm/F2.8.

At the 28mm setting the Vivitar can focus at 23cm, allowing dramatic close
focus effects with exaggerated perspectives. And here is an example what the
lens can do at its 90mm setting:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/portfolio/dolphin.jpg

This picture was made at a dolphinarium near Benidorm, Spain.

hnz