[OM] Question about Exakta Lenses for OM

Subject: [OM] Question about Exakta Lenses for OM
From: "Welliver, H William" <hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 11:48:22 -0500
Greetings and Happy New Year!

I've been thinking about getting an ultra wide angle lens to expand my
perspective. Of course I'd love to have the zuiko 21/2, but I can't justify the
cost at this point. I've considered the Vivitar and Phoenix ultra wide/uw zooms,
but have reservations about the build quality. A while back, I saw a listing on
ebay for an 18-28/4-4.5 zoom with the Exakta label on it and was wondering if
anyone has any comments about it. Supposedly they are of metal construction and
are relatively well built, though I can't confirm it. Are they worth the money
(less than $200), and/or are they just a rebranded vivitar/cosina/etc?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
--
H. William Welliver / Intersil Corporation Mountain Top Systems
email: hwellive@xxxxxxxxxxxx / phone: 570.474.6761 x4445