Re: [OM] The IS-3 saga takes a positive turn

Subject: Re: [OM] The IS-3 saga takes a positive turn
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:09:41 -0600
Oh, I didn't take it as a lecture.  Just sharing my thoughts on the deal.
Whenever I'm doing a 'bigger deal', I try to make sure I have a pretty
lengthy email discussion with the seller -- getting a feel for them.  The
naive ones are the most interesting. I often find myself talking them out of
selling to me.  It they're really lowballing themselves, I'd rather tell
them how to get the most value out of what they're selling then take
advantage of them.

The funniest ones are the ones that haven't a clue.  "Extremely rare Olympus
Zuiko 50/1.8 lens - no longer made - a must have for your collection -
bargain priced at only $1250".

Tom