Re: [OM] UK OM prices, was What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] UK OM prices, was What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:21:01 -0000
John Duggan wrote:

>    What sort of price could I expect to pay for a mint- / ex+++Om3
or=
 3ti?

and Simon accurately answered

> Considerably more than they're worth IMHO.

<snip>

Simon again:

> Do any other UK list members have favoured sources of OM
> gear that I haven't mentioned? I know Wildings have branches
> around Manchester, Lancashire and Cheshire, that may be
> nearer the wrong end of the Principality for John.

Don't forget Ace Cameras in Bath - www.acecameras.co.uk I think. Their
prices tend to be high, but the kit is in good nick and they do
occasionally get some oddball stuff - I saw a 24 shift in the window
once. Good job it was a Sunday so they were shut. They don't update
the web page very often.

I asked at Ffordes and Ace about used 3Ti's - I think Ace had never
had one come through and had been waiting for months to get one for
another customer. Oly sold so few of them new in the UK that there
won't be many on the used circuit.

John

PS Happy new year everyone - whether you think it's a new millennium
or not!