Re: Re: [OM] Merry Christmas!

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Merry Christmas!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:34:10 -0700
Just a quick note from the road...

> Merry Christmas to you too Chris... but you forgot to tell us the
> make and size of OM carrier that you will use ;-)

A (sigh!) non-SUV 1992 Buick Century that's loaded to the gills but
(touching wood...) running pretty darned good (except for a brief stop in
Blaine Lake, Sask.) to "de-ice" the air filter.

We're currently in Winnipeg (reading the list via my ISP's webmail app).
Had a fantastic Christmas with Cori's family, and am now having a great
time visiting my kids.  My son loves his "new-to-him" OM-10 and T20
(thanks, again, Tom!), and my youngest daughter is really enjoying her
Olympus Newpic 600 (bought from the Olympus guy).  I must've been a wee bit
bad cuz Santa didn't leave a zuiko 350/2.8 under the tree, but I was good
'nuff to deserve a TEAC CD-RW.

Photographically, we've shot six rolls thus far...  mostly family snaps.
Cori tried her new Pentax 80-200 zoom and 2X teleconverter on a horned owl.
I also took a shot (or two, or three) with the IS-2, but I'm sure it'll
show-up as only a spec as it was way off.  Btw, the IS-2 is a *REALLY* fun
camera!  I'm gonna find it hard to return to the store when we get back.
(I think that was the salesman's plan...  it's working!)  :-)

Anyway, we're heading back to Edmonton tomorrow, so today is dedicated to a
photo shoot to teach the kids how to use their cameras.  I'm also hoping to
wander a photo shop (or two, or three) while we're here, just to see what
Winnipeg offers in OM's and Zuikos.

Cori and I hope everyone's had a great Christmas, and we're hoping y'all
will stay outta trouble for New Years.  Be sure to arrange your designated
driver *before* you head out for the festivities!  The life you save may be
your own!

Regards from frigid Winnipeg....

Chris