Re: [OM] F-280 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] F-280 problem
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:53:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> MMmm... This is the first time I have heard this bit of caution. My F-280 has
> the same set of batteries in it for about a year and they are sure weak.

>From the big pink addendum sheet that came with my F280 it says:

   "If charging takes 20 seconds or longer, the viewfinder flash indicators
    may not appear, and/or the flash may not fire when the test or shutter
    button is pressed, even though the charge lamp is on.  If this should
    occur, replace the batteries with new ones."

Sure caught me by surprise the first time it happened.  I was almost certain
my flash had died.
                                        -mark