Re: [OM] WTB: OM G (slight eBay rant)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: OM G (slight eBay rant)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:18:55 EST
In a message dated 12/26/00 1:08:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I am looking for an OM G for my daughter to use in a HS photography
 class.  Of course, I also want to buy it at the price Tom paid for his
 cameras the girls use! or around $50.  Does anyone have one they would like
 to clean out of their bag/shelf.

 Gregg >>

Sorry, Gregg you can't have my G, it's doing well as backup to the 4T. <g> I
was going to suggest you try eBay, but holy %6$&! did you see what they're
going for?  And what the hell happened to eBay, anyway? Search the Olympus
gear. If it's newer stuff like digital cameras and accessories, it's a damn
store selling the stuff. If it's used, such as our OM gear, it's either a
pawn shop or a used camera store, and they're all hiding behind the
disclaimer " This camera appears to function OK, but I haven't tested it with
film." Jeez, what the hell DID you test it with to tell me it appears OK?
Seems eBay has become a real piece of crap, unless you find the actual
private person selling an item they actually owned for more that 3 days...
Sorry for the rant, I'm just glad we have each other here. You did the right
thing after all, asking us if we have one to sell.

Regards,
George S.