Re: [OM] What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko lens they like best? -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] What is everyone's 1 non Zuiko lens they like best? -Reply
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 21:44:47 -0500
Wow, and I only paid ~$200 used for my Tamron 90/2.5 metal body with 2x. And I know I paid too much, but I needed it right then! At last count I believe there were 8 votes for this lens (in its various versions).

Gregg

Tom wrote:
The Zuiko 90 is in stock (surprisingly) at B&H Photo:

http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivat
or__Aproductlist_html___274___38847___OL902M___USA___SID=E3D6B529070

for $US999, which is about £679.

Not suggesting the Tamron isn't great, just adding comparison info....

Tom
From: "Chris Barker" <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have only one non-Zuiko and that is a brand new Tamron 90/2.8
Macro.  It certainly looks good, but I have not seen any shots
developed yet.  I don't know whether I can call £330 (free of VAT)
particularly cheap, but I haven't compared it to the price of a Zuiko
90 (new, if it is still available).  It's nice and light and its
out-of-focus imaging is lovely.

Chris
--
~~~~~ ><>