Re: [OM] RE: How does one pot an OM4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: How does one pot an OM4T?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 22:07:18 -0500
It's a sad thing to have to pot an OM4T, but to preserve it in some art form
is appropriate. If the prism and viewfinder are clean enough to see through,
try this. Place a copy of a slide you enjoyed taking with this camera in the
focus screen frame (send the screen to me) and be sure that when you lucite
it, the viewfinder is relatively near the surface of the shroud. You'll be
able to aim it at a light and see your favorite image forever. Or, if you
were to rig a light source directed into the viewfinder, the image would be
projected through the lens. Perhaps this projection could be picked up on an
inner surface of the lucite form. Focus could be a problem, though.

Also, you might pull the inner mechanisms and boards out, bathe them, and
then have them also encased in the clear shroud, visible for the viewer to
enjoy. Put a brass plate in it with some identifying engraving.

Mickey