[OM] RE: Digital trends...

Subject: [OM] RE: Digital trends...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 17:20:57 -0000
Hi George,

No real disagreement there. People like the ones on this list and maybe
computer fans like buying all that additional hardware like dedicated
printers and the like. I don't see the people on the modest incomes I
mentioned doing it. Maybe.

The smart move would be digital preview screens on p&s film cameras. Sure,
the pic is taken, but as I say most people around here probably never
actually buy film, so it's a costless exercise.

I sure hope you never regret zapping any shots of your kids taken with the
didge. Maybe it's my librarian mentality, but I never throw anything away.

I notice that the computer mags I buy are one of the big pushers of the
'film is about to vanish' myth. Except in the last copy of Personal Computer
World that I bought, one feature was backtracking on that a bit. As to
Amateur Photographer in the UK, I nearly faint when they give space to OMs.
They almost seem to resent them.

Donald.