Re: [OM] Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Re Digital Vs Traditional Photography
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:49:46 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>

> Photoshop LE.  Bundled with many digital imaging devices such as the E-10,
> many flatbed scanners, and my Nikon Coolscan III: or on sale at Fry's this
> week for $69.95 US (normally $99.99).  Does most if not all of what you
will
> want.  You can check Adobe's website for a comparison of features of the
two
> versions: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshople/comparison.html
>
> Second-hand copies of the previous version from users who have upgraded.
> That's how I got Photoshop 4, which does what I need for digital imaging.
> Versions 5, 5.5, and 6 have added features of more interest to graphic
> artists than to straight (read that as realistic) photographers.
>
> Gary Edwards

2nd hand copy of Photoshop are illegal too, better buy a LE version. I have
a legal version of PhotoImpact 4.2 at home and Paint Shop Pro 6 at office,
but never use to the interface and operation of them, always stick on
Photoshop 4 as I have been working with Photoshop since version 2.5. Just
don't want to spend time to learn other software.

C.H.Ling