Re: [OM] Olympus lens values?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus lens values?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 04:49:09 -0800
John writes:

<< but I suspect that the Nikor 35/2, 24/2.8, and 20/2.8 are as good or
better than the comparable Oly optics >>

There IS a Nikkor 20mm f/2.8 AIS test recently posted at:
http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm

<< I'm just interested in the economics that keep the OM lenses so
expensive >>

For those that seem expensive: there isn't the supply of these on the
used market to meet the demand. And Olympus price increases keep forcing
their used prices up. Also contributing is that the whole system is a
cult classic, in much the same way the Pen F became a cult classic.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV