Re: Re: [OM] (OT) Troublesome Deals (follow-up)

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] (OT) Troublesome Deals (follow-up)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:08:05 -0700
> My take on some of Rextex's current auctions:

I remember a Databack 3 he tried to sell recently.  He described it as "an
old warhorse."  That must've been SOME war!  It looked like it had been run
over or something.  IFRC, he had trouble getting his reserve for it.  Can't
'member if he ever did sell it or not?

Anyway, I've never done any business with the guy, so I can comment
directly on the thread.  Suffice it to say....  BUYER BEWARE!!!  Look VERY
closely at what you're bidding on...  IGNORE those rating scales (too
subjective)... read the full description and study the pictures (if any)!
Ask questions!  If you're still not sure, ask S'MORE questions!

(Of course, none of the above is helpful if the seller is deceitful or
dishonest.  That's NOT to say rextex is...  just that you can only protect
yourself in life so much.  C'est la vie, I suppose.)

Regards, and Happy Hannaka!

Chris