[OM] Christmas came early!

Subject: [OM] Christmas came early!
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:21:30 -0800 (PST)
I came across an absolute jewel of a camera that I
couldn't resist.  A shiny OM-1md!  What a beautiful
camera--it just fits in my hands perfectly and oh,
what a sound.  The shutter makes the most buttery
smooth sound--a sound that no modern camera comes
close to making.  No beeps, no chirps, no motors
grinding away.  Just a smooth click-shoop-click sound
that one wouldn't hear of their head wasn't within a
few inches of the camera.  Smooth, sensious,
satisfying.  Looking through the viewfinder one is
satisfied with the roomy view.  Such a lightweight
camera, simple, yet complex.

I can hardly wait for an opportunity to get the camera
out and terrorize the winter weather with this
ultra-reliable tool.

You won't believe where I found this gem and how much
I spent.  I found it in my very own camera bag where
it has been languishing for some time.  This
once-to-be cast-off camera has found new life through
its simple, down-to-earth nature and Leica-like
characteristics.  This is a camera not meant be be
stored or brought out "when all else has failed" but
to be used in a style in which it excels.  This really
is the Leica of SLRs.

I'm going on an expedition to see what else has been
languishing deep in the recesses of my Lowe-Pros.  Who
knows, I might find a 350/2,8 in there.

Ken Norton