[OM] Re: [OT] Chuffed?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Chuffed?
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:36:50
Many moons ago I worked briefly as a car salesman. Horrible occupation for those of you considering a career change. Our sales manager was a big fellow with a handlebar mustache. Appropriately enough his name was Biff. At least that's the only name I ever heard him called.

So, during my first sale I go through the usual song and dance about how I'll have to get my manager's approval for what the customer is offering to pay. Biff follows me into the office and I introduce him: "Folks, this is my manager, Biff," blah-blah-blah...

He turns and hisses at me, "Don't call me Biff around customers!" Immediately turns back to the customer and introduces himself as Leslie, Carroll, you know, one of those andogynous names and I'm thinking no wonder his nickname is Biff. So he kinda nervously jokes with the customer, "Heh-heh...ever been biffed? Heh-heh..."

Well, I didn't stick around to see what "biffing" the customer consisted of 'cause if it was half as bad as what we usually did to 'em it was gonna get ugly.