Re: [OM] Filter Question - don;t short yourself

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Question - don;t short yourself
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:01:36 EST
Chris, a "high quality" filter cost about the same as 3 rolls of film.  If
you are shooting with any lens of any value, it is a pretty safe way to go.
Infact, sell those darn lens caps before you lose them and you are already
getting closer to a B+W filter or an Olympus. My favorite lens caps are those
threaded multi-coated ones that are clear and never fall off : )
Like the flyfisherman who spends $500 on a rod and $300 on a reel and won't
buy the .99 cent fly, don't short yourself.
I try to take the filter off whenever I feel safe (and can remember to).
I see used Olympus 49mm filters and B+W ones in excellent shape around for
$5-$15.
If you are using bigger glass then the good filters cost alot more, but so
does the lens you are protecting.
One accident with the front element of your favorite lens and you will never
forgive yourself.
IMHO
John R : )