[OM] Santa Came Early....

Subject: [OM] Santa Came Early....
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:54:48 -0800
Fellow Zuikholics (and enablers),

I am continually amazed at the generosity of list members. Living on
Vancouver Island we forgo the luxury of larger centres and their, at least,
token Oly merchandise. Over the past year or so I have been fortunate in
obtaining several smaller items at either no cost or postage only through
list members generosity -- thank you John L, Paul and James. Today,
however, I was simply blown away. Some time ago UK listee Peter Dixon
offered his "old" 135/3.5 to anyone who responded. I was fortunate to be
first. Well, today this package arrived. After opening the packing I see
the familiar gold and black box. Thinking, I haven't seen one of these
since '76 when I bought my OM-1, I assumed it was simply a means of
packing. Opening the box I was stunned to find what I am sure is a brand
new lens, case, caps, spec sheet and warranty card. The lens mount has NO
marks on it, the glass is pristine and it has that 'new' feel. I am still
stunned at Peter's generosity but thought that a little public recognition
was in order. Thank you Peter. The lens will get good use especially on
several volunteer projects I am involved in.

I am hopeful that I will be able to reciprocate this gesture in the future.

Barry H

PS - Pete, I already have several pubs lined up for when and if you make it
to this area!