Re: [OM] Putting foam into mirror cage......

Subject: Re: [OM] Putting foam into mirror cage......
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:13:03 -0000
I was reading in some forum the other day recomendations from several people
that sticky foam is best replaced by the black velvet from used cassettes,
as being just as effective at stopping light leaks and with the definite
advantage of avoiding the sticky mess in the future. I called at our local
Tesco's 1 hour processing counter and asked if they had any empty cassettes
to throw away and was cheerfully given a half filled Tesco bag with the
handles tied in a knot. When I opened it at home though, they were only the
plastic containers, which brings me back to the "what do U do with..."
thread:

Some I use for coins, some for pills and occasionally use one to keep
matches dry. I've lots of them with developed b&w films stored from twenty
years ago, but there's one use that's not yet been mentioned. In my teenage
days, when there were only metal ones, I used them for bursting facial boils
by half filling one with very hot water, slamming it on the boil and waiting
for a few minutes before mopping up the 'result' with a paper towel. Plastic
ones would probably have been better inasmuch as they wouldn't have left a
ring caused by the sharp edge.

Regards,
-Keith